Sunday, November 16, 2008

blah blah blah

To All....

Busy this week for all here at the Saari front. Lots of unpacking on Tuesday due to the holiday. It was nice to have a day off this week at home at least. Makes for a long week at school dealing with discipline. The students get out of sink and that's it. Had 7 students walk out of a class. For middle school that's a very bold thing to do. How do deal with such a variety of situations I'm not sure. The buses have been crazy as well. Students fighting, calling the bus driver names, and throwing things such as change at the driver! Crazy, crazy week with students... Today, being Sunday was a very fun day for us all! Just relaxed and truly enjoyed each other. We even got some pictures hung. Our home is starting to come together nicely. When we first moved in, I had the piano put in the wrong room. It is still there. I need to get some help and move it into the next room so then we can really finish things up. Mindy has done most of the work as usual. She seems to always make time to accomplish the important things unlike some others we know. The kids are enjoying having their own space. Jaden told me at bed tonight that he likes having his own place to hide and own bed to sleep in. He was of course referring to his room. Jaina got all hurt and offended yesterday when Mindy told her that her room is dirtier than the boys. She dumped all their things on their floors to remind them to put everything away. All of the rooms have a ways to go except so for ours. We got our 1st bedroom set last Thursday, and the room had to be cleaned for delivery. Mindy was surprised that two gentlemen, "grayer than my Dad" in her words, delivered the goods. They left a few souvenirs, including a 6-8 inch scar on our wood floor and a few new dings on the wall. I guess nothing last forever...... I took the boys scouts camping this weekend! We had a lot of fun... Cameron wasn't old enough to attend yet, but will be in January. We went to a place called Camp Durant which is about 30 minutes from here. It was a lot of fun despite gallons of rain. No rain during waking hours, but the heavens opened at night! We found 3 of our boys sleeping under the bathhouse overhands in the morning. Guess their tent parially collapsed during the night maybe with the help of a few scouts who they mad by singing loudly after midnight:) Young boy scouts.... They worked of 1st aid, rifle, and shotgun for the most part. One of our boys went on the ropes course which is wires about 20-30 feet in the air going from telephone poles in the forest. They had to climb on these from one place to another. The final hurrah being a zip 2-300 feet long. My job was to help them off at the end... At one point they discovered a wasp nest on a pole. My job was to hold a 30-40 foot ladder while a 300+ gentleman climbed to spray. He told me to hang on from the inside by pulling as hard as I could on the ladder from about the 4th or 5th step up. My reward was having him step on my hands on the way up, and being kind enough to go around them on the way down. I didn't say much, because believe it or not it didn't hurt at all. I did have to cling to the ladder for 15 minutes which was actually pretty exhausting to keep the pressure on the whole time to keep the ladder from slipping. There ended up not even being a nest. Last weekend Mindy and Jaina went to Winston Salem for a dance convention. They had a blast.
All girls activities. Mindy will have to share with you what all they did at another time. I've got to go to bed for now since I get up around 4:30 and am at work by about 5:30 each morning to make sure all is well with buses. I actually enjoy getting up this early. It's the best time for me to accomplish things for work... It's the only time I can really plan on... The best thing of the week that occurred for our family is I bought a gun. I got a 270 for deer hunting:) I've complained and whined about not having one forever and even had the money once or twice to get one but never did... Finally I bought one! It was only suppose to take 4-5 days to come in, but I haven't heard from them yet. I bought a brand new gun that's all black and has a scope mounted on it. I actually haven't seen it yet:0 They were suppose to call me and let me know it was in but haven't yet. My plan is to actually go hunting this year. The season is from Nov. 15 through January 1st. Nice and long and maybe I can find a place to hunt by then. We'll see. Anyways, that's it here on the home front from my point of view. Hopefully Mindy will give you all a different perspective within the next week or so... Have a wonderful week!!!

2 comments:

  1. A gun is the best thing to happen to your family this week? Can I have Mindy's opinion please?

    PS, glad you made a blog, it's a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in response to Julie,

    no, not th best thing....good in that it has made Jason very happy to get his long-awaited graduation present, he has the urge to go hunting soooooo bad!

    ReplyDelete