Thursday, November 27, 2008

Holidays

Today was Thanksgiving.... What a wonderful full of blessings and love! We had good friends come Tuesday and stay the night with their two kids. We went to the temple and out to dinner with them and another family in the ward. What a great time visiting with them! On Wednesday we went out shooting the GUN:) It's a 270 as mentioned probably previously... We each shot it 6-8 times. By we I mean Cameron, Ethan (11 yr. old), Johnny Davis, and myself. We really enjoyed it:) We shot 3 pumpkins we had left over from Halloween. They blew out the back pretty well. Hopefully now that it's sighted in we'll be able to go hunting. I've to get an old hunting license from UT to prove I've had one in the past. Then we'll hit the trail... Cameron is very excited about hunting, and convinced that he needs to hunt. He can't until he's 12, but very determined... Today Julie and BJ and girls, along with Ryan and Jenna came and stayed with us. They are Mindy's siblings and families for those who may not know... We had a fabulous dinner today. The highlight was jalapeno poppers. Julie cuts jalapenos in half, fills them with cream and cheddar cheese, and wraps them in bacon. Can't think of anything better! I ate way too many and know I'll feel it in the morning:( I'm feeling it a little now.... We played board games and the Wii all day and plan to have the ladies go shopping tomorrow and all of us watch movies of some sort. The girls want to go see Twilight while us boys/kids will probably go watch some kid movie. I told Julie they had to take the kids shopping. She got all flustered and said they wouldn't go before she realized I was kidding:) Played in the turkey bowl. I'm way out of shape. Still have jelly legs although the game got over about 12 hours ago. Cameron played for the first time and enjoyed it. He says he almost got his arm broken, got smashed in the head and a few other things. He stuck it out though and I was proud of him. We had 30-35 people show up. It was a lot of fun! Mindy has been still teaching... The only problem is that due to a civil war within the department, the Provost refuses to sign her contract so she can get paid. She hasn't received a check all semester:( There's a major power struggle within the sociology dept. that she is in the middle of, not because of doing something wrong, but just being there... She is a great teacher! I studied teaching, etc. but she is better at it than I was. She's just natural. The kids are doing well. Jaden now has three missing teeth! Front two on top and bottom front. His smile is awesome! Says, "Just brushing and it fell right out!" I told him the tooth fairy was taking the night off because it's a holiday. He didn't buy it. Ryan told a story about receiving two $10 bills one time for a tooth when he thinks the tooth fairy over paid in the dark. We had a good laugh about that one. Jaden's hoping for a pot of gold due to the fact that he's lost so many lately. He say $1 million. I said I'll give all my teeth for a million. I'll eat my dinner from a straw forever for the money:) No strings attached! Anyone want to pay out? Well, I'm looking forward to another fun day tomorrow. We hope all is well for everyone! We are thankful for family and friends along with the blessings of the gospel... Couldn't ask for much more!!!

1 comment:

  1. The tooth fairy hear leaves a gold dollar coin. The girls love it!

    ReplyDelete